Effective Date: 12/13/2011
The BC101 site is a general audience site and does not knowingly collection personal information from children under 13 years of age.
2. Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information. Personal information means information that identifies (directly or indirectly) a particular individual. Anonymous information means information about groups or categories of guests that does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual guest. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information. We may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information, which is information about groups or categories of guests, that does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual user. We may collect the following categories of information:
- Information you provide to us, such as name, surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, username and password, when you use the BC101 Sites, or submit information to us via email.
- Transaction information you provide when you request information, purchase a product or service from us or in connection with a promotion, whether on the BC101 Sites or third parties, including payment information (e.g., credit card information and billing and shipping addresses)
- Information you provide in our public forums (e.g., message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, profile pages and other forums) on the BC101 Sites, provided that if you provide personal information in such public forums, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party.
- Where permitted by law to process this information, location information when you use the BC101 Sites, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of the BC101 Sites, or associated with your IP address, which is the address associated with the access point through which you enter the internet, and is typically controlled by your internet service provider or your company; we may use this IP address to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our sites and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
3. How We Collect Your Information
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit the BC101 Sites on third-party sites or platforms.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
4. How We Use Your Information
BC101 and the other persons or entities who operate our business or administer activities on the BC101 Sites on our behalf (e.g., our service providers) may use your information for the following purposes:
- Notify you when you have won a sweepstakes or contest
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your registration or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you, send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
5. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties
We will not share your personal information outside our company except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services or with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
6. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration information
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- You may request removal of personal information from a public forum on one or more of our BC101 Sites
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same although we cannot guarantee that they will do so
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by sending us an email at email@example.com or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, note that we are not responsible for the continued disclosure or use by us or any third party of any personal information you have made public, such as through our communications services or public forums.
7. Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
8. International Users
11. No Rights of Third Parties.
12. Comments and Questions
Notice to California Residents: